To Bake or Not to Bake, That is the Question
I have to admit, I have never been much of a baker. I love to cook, but baked goods are just not my thing. It might be because I like to improvise in my cooking and the chemistry of baking does not allow for much improvisation. domain traceroute . But I also think a lot of the reason I disliked baking was because of the clean-up of the appliances like the Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart. I mean seriously to make a standard Zucchini bread you are shredding, combining, mixing, blending – way too much clean-up for me! But after a passing conversation with a good friend, all is changing in my food preparation world. I have discovered that it is possible to make quick breads and muffins in the blender. Yes that is right, the easy to clean, pour right from it, BLENDER. So here it is; I used a basic zucchini bread recipe from my Vitamix cookbook and (of course) altered it. web search history . These are so quick and easy, minimal clean up, and my kids keep asking for more. A win, win, win in my book.
Enjoy and In Good Health,
Blender Zucchini Banana Muffins
Makes 48 mini muffins or 24 standard sized muffins
2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
3 cups raw zucchini
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease and or line muffin tin
3. Put all dry ingredients except sugar (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices) in bowl and set aside.
4. Place egg, sugar, vanilla and cubed zucchini and banana in high powered blender and blend for about 20 seconds until well combined. Pour dry ingredients into belnder and blend until well mixed.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with mixture
6. Bake for 35 minutes.